AP PGECET is a state level exam which is conducted by the Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of APSCHE by issuing AP PGECET 2019 notification. Candidates can fill the application form for AP PGECET form through the online process. The application form for AP PGECET 2019 notification would be filled in the month of April 2019 and the exam would be conducted in May 2019.
AP PGECET 2019 exam can help get admission to various post graduate and graduate level exams for programs like M.E/M.Tech/M.Pharma/graduate level exam for Pharmacy and the affiliated colleges for providing admission for the academic year 2019-2020.
The exam will be conducted through the online process and all the questions would be multiple choice.
Candidates having a valid scorecard in GATE/GPAT are not required to appear for the exam for AP PGECET 2019.
Highlights for the AP PGECET 2019 exam
- Exam is conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of APSCHE
- Exam is a state level exam
- The exam is eligible for candidates having domicile of Andhra Pradesh and at least 50% exam in the qualifying exam.
- The exam is conducted online and is a computer based exam.
- There is a high percentage of the candidates for both engineering and pharmacy who cleared the exam. For engineering, the pass percentage was 93% while for Pharmacy, the pass percentage was 83%.
- Notification for AP PGECET 2019 will be out in March, 2019
- Online application form filling will start from the third week of March till April, 2019
- However the forms can be submitted by first week of May, 2019 by paying an additional fee
- Candidates can also make corrections in certain things in the form between April – May 2019.
- Admit card for the exam will be issued in the first week of May, 2019. One can download the admit card through online procedure.
- AP PGECET exam would be conducted online in the 2nd week of May, 2019 for a duration of 2 hrs.
- The answer key for the exam will be available in the 2nd week of May, 2019.
- Last date for raising any concerns to the answer key issued is 3rd week of May, 2019
- Result declaration for AP PGECET exam would be done in the 3rd Week of May, 2019
- Notification for AP PGECET, 2019 which will be released in March, 2019 will have all the important information related to the exam like the important dates, eligibility criteria, fee payment, any reservation etc.
Eligibility criteria for the APPGECET 2019 exam
Nationality: The candidates who are appearing for the exam should be Indian Nationals
Domicile: The candidates who are appearing for the exam should have the domicile of Andhra state, they should be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh or should be living in the state for a substantial time period.
Age Limit: The candidates should have at least attained a age of 21 years
Qualification for APPGECET 2019
- Engineering: for engineering courses the candidates should have scored a minimum percentage of 50% while the reserved category candidates should have attained at least 45% in the qualifying exam.
- Pharmacy: For pharmacy course the candidates should have scored a minimum percentage of 55% while the reserved category candidates should have attained at least 50% in the qualifying exam.
One should go through the AP PGECET 2019 notification for the exam in detail as it will also provide the instructions the candidate needs to follow before the exam while filling the application form, downloading the admit card etc, During the exam and also instructions for getting the results. It will also provide the details about reservations if any.